The Hall County Tax Commissioner’s office strongly encourages making appointments for tax, title and tag services. Customers with appointments are given priority, which means walk-in customers may occasionally experience longer wait times.
PLEASE NOTE – Appointments are not available for tag renewals. Use one of the many other options to “Save a Trip, Skip the Line” to renew your tag.
The following appointments are available:
- Court Orders, Bonds, or Inheritance – These appointments are for titling vehicles where a title is being transferred pursuant to a court order (such as a divorce settlement), being titled with a title bond, or being inherited. See additional information about inheritance here.
- Individual Sale–Title and Tag – These appointments are available when a vehicle has been purchased from another individual through a casual sale, and both a title and a tag are needed. See our section on purchasing a vehicle here.
- Mobile Home Title – Appointments are available for titling mobile homes. A new title is required each time a mobile home changes ownership. See more about mobile homes here.
- Replacement Title – These appointments are available for situations where a title has been lost or damaged and needs to be replaced. Please note that a lien release from the lender may be required if there was previously a loan for the vehicle.
- See Vehicle FAQ’s for more information.
- Initial Tag Issuance – You may make an appointment if you have purchased a vehicle from a dealership and they have notified you that you may now get your tag. However, NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY. You may order the tag for your new purchase at drives.ga.gov.
- Replacement Tag-Lost/Stolen – Make an appointment to replace a tag that has been lost or stolen. PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME – You must complete an incident report online at policetocitizen.com/reportincident. The completed and approved online incident report must be received by Tag Office staff at the time of your appointment, or the transaction cannot be completed.
Property Tax Services
- Payment – Make an appointment to pay your real, personal or mobile home taxes. However, NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY. Pay your property taxes online here. You may also mail or drop-off your payment.
- Disabled Placard or Plate – Before making an appointment for one of these services, please have your physician complete a Disabled Person’s Parking Affidavit if this is the first issuance or for a temporary (6 month) placard.
Insurance Lapse Fee – If you have been notified by the State that you have had an insurance lapse and/or registration suspension, you may make an appointment to pay the fines. However, NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY. You may pay your insurance fines online at eservices.drives.ga.gov, or at any kiosk location.